Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2021 in UK |Fully Funded| Opportunity Desk
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is one of the largest and most prestigious international scholarship schemes in the world. Since it was established in 1959, over 30,000 individuals have held a Commonwealth Scholarship or Fellowship – 28,500 of them were funded by the UK government, through the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC).
The CSC awards around 700 scholarships and fellowships for postgraduate study and
professional development to Commonwealth citizens each year. The CSC’s Secretariat is provided by the Association of Commonwealth Universities, based in London: overseas services are provided by the British Council.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for candidates from least developed, low, and lower middle income Commonwealth countries, for Full-Time Master’s study on selected courses, jointly supported by UK universities. Funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), Commonwealth Shared Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain knowledge and skills.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2021 Details
- Country: UK
- Eligible Countries: Eligible Commonwealth Country
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Course Level: Masters
- Deadline: 9 April 2021
Scholarship Main Theme
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
- Tuition Fee: Fully Covered by Commonwealth
- Stipend: Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,110 Per Month, or £1,362 , for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2018/2019 levels).
- Air Fare Ticket: Fully Sponsored
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Thesis research allowances will be given to you
- Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas.
- I India
Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- The Gambia
- Proof of citizenship
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications.
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2021
- Those who have completed their 4 Year Bachelor Degree or those who have completed 2 Year bachelor and 2 Year Masters are eligible to apply for the Commonwealth UK Scholarship
- By September 2021, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country
Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship.
How To Apply
You have to Apply Online for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2021. To Apply Visit the Official Link.