Now you can Stay Back And can apply for Work Permit in Canada After Study. Once, you visit Canada you would not like to leave this place. Students who get Higher Education from Canada are most likely to Stay Back in Canada and want to settle in this Blissful land. After completion of your Bachelor’s, Master or Post Doctoral Degree, you can apply for Work Permit Canada 2021.
There has been a constant rise in the number of international students who stay back in Canada after completion of their Degree. All Nationality holders across the world are eligible for Canadian Residency. After your degree, you are eligible to stay in Canada for 2-3 years and can do work there. There are several opportunities in Canada to do for all people.
There are several ways, you can apply for Canadian Residency. In this article, we will tell you about Work Permit Canada Requirements. Anyhow, there are different language proficiency requirements for different types of programs. Such as, the Express Entry program is one of them, but it requires greater scores in language exams. More information is given below:
Time Period of Work Permit in Canada After Study
You have to apply within 180 days of Course completion for a Work Permit Visa in Canada. The time period to stay in Canada after the degree is as follow:
- if the student is enrolled in a 1-year study program, then He/she could stay back in Canada for 1 year after course completion.
- If the student is pursuing a program of 2years, he/she could stay back in Canada for a duration of 3 years.
You may also read our these articles for more info regarding canadian Visa:
Different Canadian Visa Types for Foreigners
- Express Entry Program
- Family Class Sponsorship
- LMIA Work Visa
- The Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP)
- Canadian Investor Immigration
- The Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Humanitarian and Compassionate Application
- Refugee Claims
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
After PSW you are eligible to apply for PR in Canada. A post-study work permit will also allow the students to gain valid work experience which could lead to Permanent Residence and is one of the ideal options to stay back in Canada. Students can work Full Time after the approval of PGWP. This PSW gives authority to the student to stay in Canada as temporary.
A new point system has been implemented in Canada from November 19, 2016. The new point system decides the eligibility of international students and graduates to stay back in Canada and acquire PR.
Summary of Stay Back in Canada Duration
|Duration of Course||Duration of Stay Back in Canada|
|Less Than 8 Months||No Stay Back Allowed|
|More than 8 Months & Less than 2 Years||As Long as the Duration of the Course|
|2 Years or More than 2 Years||3 Years of Stay Back|
- You are 18 years old
- At least studied for the last eight months without a break in Canada.
- Have completed any type of full-time degree program from reputed Canadian institutes
- You have the authorization letter or document for successful completion of your degree program from the Institute. This is one of the most important requirements for a post-graduate work permit in Canada
- Make sure to apply for the work permit within 3 months of the completion of your study program.
- Make sure that you have a valid study visa while applying for work permit in Canada after graduation
How To Get PR in Canda after Study?
In order to qualify for the PR application, the applicants must have at least 12 months of work experience in Canada, in a skilled occupation. Also, note that candidates must apply within 3 years of time after obtaining 1 year of qualifying work experience. You can apply for PR while you are on post work permit in Canada if you meet the requirements of the Canadian immigration program.
Can you stay in Canada after Work Permit Gets Expire?
Yes if you get any sposnorship from any company you can apply within 90 days to stay there. The students can stay in Canada either by continuing their studies or apply for a work permit and work in Canada after graduation, or diploma.
Work Permit Processing Time
According to official Candian Government News, the Canada Work Permit processing Time is 83 to 90 days. Thsi time period can vary from person to person.
Apply for these Candian Scholarships: