Hong Kong Scholarship For International Students 2021 (HKPFS) Opportunity Desk
The application period for the Hong Kong Scholarship For International Students (HKPFS) 2021 is open soon. Applications are invited to apply for the Hong kong Ph.D. Scholarship 2021. The purpose of this Scholarship in Hong Kong from the Government of HK is to undertake a Doctorate Degree in Research. Hong Kong Ph.D. scholarships for international students will provide a Monthly Stipend of HK$309,600 (approximately US$39,700) and a conference and a research-related travel allowance of HK$12,900 (approximately US$1,700) per year for each awardee for a period up to three years.
Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability/potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities. All International applicants across the world are welcome to apply for this Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship of 2021. All-Academic Courses are available to apply in this Hong Kong Scholarship.
We recently published the 1500+ List of United States of America Scholarships 2021 (Funded). Asia is the cheapest to study, in fact, many foreigners like to travel here and they settled in these Asian countries after finishing the study. Currently, 25,000 Asian Scholarship is open and you can apply online. In fact, you don’t need IELTS/TOEFL. Many Europeans Universities accepting students Without IELTS TOEFL. We have also published 5000 Scholarships in Europe 2021 | Fully Funded. A list of These Scholarships with details are given below:
Hong Kong Scholarship For International Students Key Points
- Country: Hong Kong
- No. of Scholarships: 300
- Course Level: Ph.D. (Doctorate)
- Eligible Countries: All Nationalities
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 2nd December 2020
Also, Don’t Forget to apply for 26,500 Scholarships in Asia 2021 | Fully Funded
- The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2021 provides an annual stipend of HK$309,600 (approximately US$39,700)
- Conference and a research-related travel allowance of HK$12,900 (approximately US$1,700) per year for each awardee for a period up to three years.
- 250 Fellowships will be awarded in the 2021 academic year.
- For awardees who need more than three years to complete the Ph.D. degree, additional support may be provided by the chosen universities. For details, please contact the universities concerned directly.
Explore about Best Countries for Education in the World
List of Universities
Candidates who are seeking admission For Hong Kong PHD Fellowship Scheme 2020 as new full-time Ph.D. students in the following eight universities, irrespective of their country of origin, prior work experience, and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
- Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability/potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
- All Nationality holders can apply
- Applicants must have Master Degree Program to apply fo this scholarship
Shortlisted applications, subject to their areas of studies, will be reviewed by one of the following two Selection Panels comprising experts in the relevant board areas:
- Science, Medicine, Engineering, and Technology
- Humanities, Social Science and Business Studies
While candidates’ academic excellence is of primary consideration, the Selection Panels will take into account factors as follows:
- Academic excellence;
- Research ability and potential;
- Communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Leadership abilities.
How To Apply
Submit Full Applications to Proposed Universities
Eligible candidates should first make an Initial Application online through the Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES) to obtain an HKPFS Reference Number by 2 December 2020 before submitting applications for Ph.D. admission to their desired universities.
Applicants may choose up to two programs/ departments at one or two universities for Ph.D. study under HKPFS 2021/22. They should comply with the admission requirements of their selected universities and programs.
As the deadlines for applications to some of the universities may immediately follow that of the Initial Application, candidates should submit initial applications as early as possible to ensure that they have sufficient time to submit applications to universities.
Step 1: Submit Initial Application to Research Grants Council
Step 2: Submit Full Applications to Proposed Universities
After completing an initial application, applicants should submit full applications for their selected Ph.D. programs to the proposed universities quoting their HKPFS Reference Number before the universities’ respective deadlines. To Apply Please Visit the Official Website of the Hongkong Fellowship Program.