Applications are open to apply for UNESCO Internship 2023. UNESCO Paid International Internship is for All Nationality holders across the world. Applicants don’t need to pay any Application Fee. UNESCO internship is open in different places. The UNESCO Internship Programme is a learning opportunity for students and recent graduates to learn about UNESCO’s mandate, programs and processes as well as enhance their academic and technical knowledge through practical assignments.
The duration of the UNESCO Internship is 1 Month and can be extended to 6 Months depending on your performance. Even you can apply for a Job after the completion of the Internship. Age: You must be at least 20 years old to apply. Males & Females both are eligible. Applicants can also apply for Hansen Summer Institute 2023 Fully Funded in USA.
You should have an excellent command, both written and spoken, of English or French. Working knowledge of the other language (English or French) is an asset and may be required for internships in secretarial and assistantship assignments at the Headquarters. You should be able to work well in a team and adapt to an international working environment.
UNESCO Internship 2023 Details
- Organization: UNESCO
- Degree level: Master & PhD
- Financial Coverage: Fully Paid
- Deadline: Currently Opens Now
- Duration: The minimum duration of an internship is one month, and the maximum duration is six months.
- Visa: You should be responsible for obtaining any necessary visas.
- Travel: You must arrange and finance your travel to the location where you will undertake your internship.
- Medical insurance: UNESCO will provide limited insurance coverage up to USD 30,000 against risk of illness, disability, or death during the internship period.
- Medical certificate: Before the beginning of your internship, you must provide a medical certificate indicating you are fit to work.
- Supporting Documents: Before the beginning of your internship, you must provide your ID/Certificate of Enrollment/Diploma (if you have just recently graduated).
- Leave: Interns are entitled to 2.5 days of leave per month during their internship.
Who Can Apply?
Age: You must be at least 20 years old to apply.
At the time of your application to the internship program:
- You are currently enrolled in a graduate program (Master’s degree, PhD, or equivalent, second university degree or higher).
- You have recently graduated with a Master’s degree or PhD (or second degree as defined above), 12 months prior to the start of the internship.
Please note that candidates who have completed their full-time university studies but are not enrolled in a graduate programme are not eligible to apply.
Applicants in secretarial/assistant or technical/professional assignments must be enrolled in a secretarial school or in a specialized technical/professional institution, and must have reached the last year of their studies, or have recently graduated (within the last 12 months) from their school or institution.
Languages: You should have an excellent command, both written and spoken, of English or French.
Computer skills: You must have an excellent knowledge of computer systems and office-related software.
Team player: You should be able to work well in a team and adapt to an international working environment.
Communication skills: You should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Application and Hiring Process
The recruitment process at UNESCO for Professional and General Service staff is as follows:
- Applying for a job
For Professional posts, you normally have two months to apply once a job is advertised on-line. For the General Service post, you normally have one month. Upon completing your application, you will receive a confirmation email.
After the closing date, a Committee will select candidates on the basis of their qualifications, experience and skills (including language), as well as other relevant knowledge and abilities required for the particular position.
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview (phone interviews may be conducted beforehand to make a preliminary assessment). Reference checks will also be made relating to your previous professional experience.
A Panel will make the final evaluation on whether your profile matches the job.
An offer of appointment will be made to the successful candidate.
Other Opportunities at UNESCO
If you are looking for a short-term opportunity in support functions check HERE.