Blog Guideline Online Courses

Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa UK Scheme | Working Holiday Visa – Opportunity Desk

Youth Mobility Visa UK (YMS) allows young people to come and experience life in the United Kingdom for up to two (2) years. Young UK nationals will also be able to benefit from similar opportunities in participating countries. The YMS is for young applicants wanting to come and experience life in the UK.

Ten Fun Facts 🙌 about the UK Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa

  1. It used to be called the ‘Working Holiday’ Visa
  2. It used to technically only be a 1 year visa
  3. Only citizens from 8 countries worldwide are eligible for it
  4. There are only 4 requirments to obtain one
  5. You can only get the UK Youth Mobility Visa ONCE in your lifetime
  6. Aussies LOVE this visa
  7. Not meeting the ‘Maintenance Funds’ is the common reason for a rejection
  8. IHS fee = Access to NHS health care for FREE
  9. South Africans USED to be eligible, but not anymore.
  10. The UK only hands out 1000 visa places each year for Japan, Monaco, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and South Korea while Australia gets a whooping 31,000!!!!

Eligibility Criteria

You can apply for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa if you:

  • Want to live and work in the UK for up to 2 year
  • are aged 18 to 30
  • Have £2,530 in savings
  • Have certain types of British Nationality or are from certain countries or territories listed in the eligibility requirement
Once you’ve applied online, proved your identity and provided your documents, you’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks. 

How Much It Costs?

You will need to:

  • Pay the application fee
  • Pay the healthcare surcharge, which is usually £470 per year
  • Prove you have enough personal savings – check how much in the eligibility requirements
  • Application fee: The application fee is £259.

What is the Difference Between Tier 2 and Tier 5 Visa?

A Tier 2 visa lasts for up to 5 years and a Tier 5 visa lasts for a maximum of 2 years.

What You Can and Cannot Do

You can!

  • Study – for some courses you’ll need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate
  • Work in most jobs
  • Be self-employed and set up a company – as long as your premises are rented, your equipment is not worth more than £5,000 and you do not have any employees

You Cannot!

  • Work as a professional sportsperson (for example as a coach)
  • Extend your stay
  • Get public funds
  • Bring in family members on your application – they must apply separately

Required Documents

When you apply you’ll need to provide:

  • A valid passport or other document that shows your identity and nationality
  • A bank statement showing you have at least £2,530 in savings
  • Yyour tuberculosis (TB) test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
  • You need a blank page in your passport for your visa.
  • You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
  • You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.

You can apply Here!

UK Visas Guideline!

Follow our Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter & Join our Telegram Group for More Updates.


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *