Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa UK Scheme | Working Holiday Visa – Opportunity Desk
Ten Fun Facts 🙌 about the UK Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa
- It used to be called the ‘Working Holiday’ Visa
- It used to technically only be a 1 year visa
- Only citizens from 8 countries worldwide are eligible for it
- There are only 4 requirments to obtain one
- You can only get the UK Youth Mobility Visa ONCE in your lifetime
- Aussies LOVE this visa
- Not meeting the ‘Maintenance Funds’ is the common reason for a rejection
- IHS fee = Access to NHS health care for FREE
- South Africans USED to be eligible, but not anymore.
- The UK only hands out 1000 visa places each year for Japan, Monaco, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and South Korea while Australia gets a whooping 31,000!!!!
You can apply for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa if you:
- Want to live and work in the UK for up to 2 year
- are aged 18 to 30
- Have £2,530 in savings
- Have certain types of British Nationality or are from certain countries or territories listed in the eligibility requirement
How Long Does it Take to Get a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa?
How Much It Costs?
You will need to:
- Pay the application fee
- Pay the healthcare surcharge, which is usually £470 per year
- Prove you have enough personal savings – check how much in the eligibility requirements
- Application fee: The application fee is £259.
What is the Difference Between Tier 2 and Tier 5 Visa?
A Tier 2 visa lasts for up to 5 years and a Tier 5 visa lasts for a maximum of 2 years.
What You Can and Cannot Do
- Study – for some courses you’ll need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate
- Work in most jobs
- Be self-employed and set up a company – as long as your premises are rented, your equipment is not worth more than £5,000 and you do not have any employees
- Work as a professional sportsperson (for example as a coach)
- Extend your stay
- Get public funds
- Bring in family members on your application – they must apply separately
When you apply you’ll need to provide:
- A valid passport or other document that shows your identity and nationality
- A bank statement showing you have at least £2,530 in savings
- Yyour tuberculosis (TB) test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
- You need a blank page in your passport for your visa.
- You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
- You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.
You can apply Here!
UK Visas Guideline!
- UK Visa Types 2023 for Foreigners | Skilled Worker Visa UK Open Now
- Best UK Scholarships For International Students 2023 (Fully Funded)
- UK Visa Sponsorship Jobs 2023 | Announced By UK Government
- UK Open University Free Online Courses (1,000 COURSES)
- UK Embassy Scholarships 2023 || Fully Funded
- Jobs in UK For Foreigners – All Types of UK Jobs